Epworth has Children and Youth programs for all age levels. It is our goal to nurture and help children grow in their faith. We provide a safe and welcoming environment where the children and youth can thrive.
Epworth participates in Safe Sanctuary* rules for the safety of our children.
- Sunday School – Sunday School takes place mid-September through the end of May. Classes meet weekly during the worship service for those age 3 through 5th grade. A Middle School class and a Senior High School class each meet on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, also during the church service. A fully staffed nursery is provided for all children through age 2.
- Summer Services – In the summer (June, July & August), Activity Bags are provided for all children during the worship service. These Activity Bags are designed to allow the children to engage in the service. In addition, all children up to Kindergarten age may utilize the nursery throughout the summer.
- Youth Group – The Epworth Youth Group is open to anybody from 6th -12th grade. We meet the second Sunday of each month from October through May. In addition to these monthly meetings, the youth participate in other activities such as (but not limited to); mission work, team building, fund raisers, & camp-ins at church. Our yearly highlight is an annual Fall Retreat Week-End designed for fun, fellowship and spiritual growth.
- A.W.E. – Our Summer A.W.E. program (Amazing Wednesdays at Epworth) meets for eight consecutive Wednesday nights throughout the summer from 6:00-7:30 P.M. This is a time for families with children to participate in stories, crafts, games… Unless we are having severe weather the A.W.E. programs takes place in our church backyard. A.W.E. is moved indoors in inclement weather. The theme for 2015 is “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus”. This program emphasizes Family participation and community fellowship.
- Teens After Dark – New in 2015 — Meeting three times during the summer –is Teens After Dark. Our youth will meet from 8-10 P.M. under the stars and participate in team building, worship and fellowship. Teens After Dark will be moved indoors in case of inclement weather.
- Kids Korner – Kids Korner meets the first Wednesday of the month from October through May. All children through 5th grade are invited to participate in our Kids Korner program. We begin with a meal at 5:30 pm. Then, children continue to the classroom and take part in Bible study, games and crafts. This past year, for example, our children learned all about prayer.
- Youth Bible Study – Youth Bible study meets the first Wednesday of the month from October through May. All youth through 12th grade are invited to participate in this program. We begin with Dinner at 5:30pm. Following the meal, an Epworth adult leads the youth in a thought provoking study which covers a variety of Biblical topics.
* Epworth’s commitment to the welfare of our children and youth is evident in our Safe Sanctuary Policy, a policy that protects our children and youth by requiring background checks of volunteers and staff, establishes the “two adult” rule, and educates all staff and volunteers on how and when to report abuse.
Join us for breakfast on Sunday morning, October 8th from 8:30 – 10 AM in Fellowship Hall. Cost is $5 (under 5 free). This is a youth fundraiser with the proceeds going toward the 2018 Red Bird Mission Trip.
This Sunday, January 29th, is Youth Sunday. The youth will be leading the worship service. Due to this special service, there will be no children’s Sunday School. Please join us for worship as our youth lead us.
The youth are hosting an all you can eat spaghetti dinner and pie auction on Saturday, November 12th. Join us for a time of fun and fellowship. Tickets are on sale in the Narthex before and after church. A sign-up sheet for the pie auction is posted in the Narthex. Thank you in advance for supporting our youth retreats throughout the year.